The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER!
Updated: Dec 28, 2020
Here are our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, so we wanted to share our knowledge with the world! They go perfectly with a rainy day read.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we will earn a small commission from your purchase using this link. Help support us with your purchase!
Since being in quarantine, we have had the opportunity to bake DOZENS of cookies. It is possible that we may have perfected the chocolate chip cookie. (at least according to our dad.) We would love to share our recipe with you!
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
3 - 3 ½ cups of flour
Pinch of salt
2 - 2 ½ cups of chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Cut the butter into chunks and place in a mixer with both the brown and white sugar.
Tip: The colder the butter, the fluffier the cookies!
3. Cream together the butter and sugar.
4. Once creamed, add eggs. Then add the vanilla and mix until blended.
5. Add the baking soda and baking powder to the dough.
6. Add the flour to the mixer around ½ cup at a time. Mix until smooth.
7. Pour in the chocolate chips into the cookie dough and fold in.
8. THE DOUGH SHOULD NOT BE STICKY! If it is, add a little bit of flour until it is dry and smooth.
Tip: Add the flour one tablespoon at a time until dry. If the dough is too dry and crumbly, add a tablespoon or two of milk.
9. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
10. Roll the dough into balls (size doesn’t matter, it just depends how you like your cookies!) and place them on the lined cookie sheet.
Tip: Use a cookie dough scoop to keep the cookie size consistent. (This is our favorite baking tool. We use it for cookies, cupcakes, brownies, and even muffins!)
11. Put them into the oven for 8 - 12 minutes depending on the size and if you prefer your cookies gooey or crunchy. (We prefer gooey!)
12. Once cooked, place on a cooling rack for a few minutes and enjoy!
Do you love these cookies as much as we do? Are there any treats you love to make? Let us know!